A station on the Missouri Pacific Railroad, it gained a post office on August 25, 1870.
It must have been fairly prosperous in its early years, as by 1910, it had several mercantile establishments, a bank, good schools and churches, telegraph and express facilities, a money order office with one rural route, and a population of 200.
Its post office closed on August 11, 1967.
There are still a few business buildings and a church in this faded town. It is located a couple of miles east of Pomona Lake.