This small hamlet, named after an early pioneer, gained a post office on March 5, 1894. The post office closed on October 31, 1903, but was briefly reopened on February 27, 1904. It closed for the last time on May 31, 1905. Its population in 1910 was 25.
Today, there are still a few people who live in the area, and the old town still sports an old business building and the 1882 Oxford No. 99 school. The old town is located about 6.5 miles south of Mound City on Highway 7.