|Town||Post Office Dates||Additional Information|
|Alta/Valentine||1889-1901||The name changed from Valentine to Alta on April 18, 1899.|
Located in Richland Township, it was a station on the Missouri Pacific Railroad, nine miles southeast of Newton. In 1910, it had a money order post office, a grain elevator, a hotel, a general store, and did some shipping. The population at that time was 25.
|Darlington||1873||The post office was only open for about six months.|
|Egypt||1884-1885||The post office was only open for about six months.|
|Lakin||1872-1873||The post office moved to Halstead.|
|McLain||1886-1906||Named for Earnest McLains, a banker. Located on the Missouri Pacific Railroad., five miles southeast of Newton. In 1910, it had a population of 26.|
A station on the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad in Lake Township, it was 20 miles southwest of Newton. In 1910, it had an express office, a money order post office, and a population of 30.
|Putnam||1891-1907||A station on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, it was located six miles south of Newton and about three miles north of Sedgwick. In 1910, its population was 35.|
|Trousdale||1893-1906||A station on the Missouri Pacific Railroad, it was located six miles northwest of Newton. The population in 1910 was 35.|
Blackmar, William; Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Standard Publishing Co., Chicago, IL,1912.
Kansas Post Office History