More Extinct Towns:
|Post Office Dates||Additional Information|
|Donneganna||1871||Post office open only for three months.|
|Grandview||1895||Post office open only for two months.|
|Grant||1880-1898||Grant was located in Wildcat Township. The first settlers were S.D. Houston and Henry Eubank who made their homes on Wild Cat Creek the first in 1855. The same year Henry Condray, and his sons Mincher, William and John settled near the mouth of Mill Creek, built dwellings, and started a mill and a blacksmith shop. In 1856 came Jonas Kress; in 1857 and 1858, Lemuel Knapp, Samuel Kimble, George Slye, John Warner, and his sons John and George, Lorenzo Westover, Jesse White, and Joshua Williams.
A post office opened on April 16, 1880, with H.C. Kennedy as postmaster. The first schoolhouse was built in 1859 with V. Ruddrick as the first teacher. The first church was the Methodist Episcopalian. Though the town showed promising signs in its early years, its post office closed on December 15, 1898.
|Tauromee||1856-1858||The post office moved from Juniata|
|Timber Creek||1870-1871||The post office moved to Bala|
|Name changed from Winkler’s Mills to Winkler in 1895
Winkler Riley 1895-03-20 1960-07-31
Under Tuttle Creek Reservoir