More Extinct Towns (See Below)
More Extinct Towns:
|Town||Post Office Dates||Additional Information from Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, 1912, and the Kansas State Historical Society|
|Also called Conductor City, the town was located southeast of Ulysses right up against the county line. It never had a post office.
|Doby||1908-1916||Doby was located on the south fork of the Cimarron River about four miles above its mouth and 15 miles southeast of Ulysses.
|Gognac||1886-1926||A post office was first established in Hamilton County in 1886 before Grant County was created. It was later in Stanton County, before moving to Grant County. The post office was in a general store and only one other business existed. It was located near the west line of the county about nine miles southwest of Ulysses on S36-T28s-R39w.
|Liverpool||1888-1898, 1899-1903||Post office originally established in Stanton County. It closed in 1898 and moved to Grant County. The Post office reopened In January 1899 but closed forever in May 1903.
|Spurgeon||1887-1891||The tiny town of Spurgeon only had a population of 15. It was located on located northeast of Ulysses on S28-T27-R35
|Warrendale||1891-1901, 1907-1916||A country post office located 15 miles northeast of Ulysses.
|Located in southeast Grant County on the border with Stevens County near the Cimarron River, this was an Irish settlement established in 1886. It never had a post office. Located on S33-T30S-R35W.|