|Town||Post Office Dates||Additional Information|
|Acme-Milford Depot||1883-1892||Name change from Milford Depot to Acme on January 8, 1885.|
|Alida||1870-1939||A little village in Smoky Hill Township. In 1910, it was a station on the Union Pacific Railroad, had a money order post office and a telegraph office, and was a trading and shipping point for that section of the county. Alida was razed when Milford Lake was built. It was eight miles west of Junction City.|
The first county seat of Geary County.
|Briggs||1879-1901||A rural hamlet about 15 miles almost due east of Junction City and the same distance south of Manhattan. Its population in 1910 was 30.|
|Cedar Grove||1858||The post office was only open for about three months.|
|Church||1899-1904||A small hamlet located on Humboldt Creek. It was ten miles southeast of Junction City, the most convenient railroad station.|
|Kansas Falls||1857-1860||Kansas Falls was founded on September 10, 1857. A sawmill was built, and lumber sales were the principal industry. The Kansas Pacific Railroad was built through the Kansas Falls area to Salina in 1867, which prompted several cattle drives in the area. The small hamlet with just a few buildings was on the Smoky Hill River, approximately seven miles southwest of Junction City near Seven Springs.|
|Riley City||1856-1862||The post office moved to West Point.|
|Welcome||1887-1902||A small hamlet located 15 miles southeast of Junction City and seven miles northwest of Alta Vista in Wabaunsee County, the nearest railroad station.|
|West Point||1862-1865||The post office moved from Riley City.|
|Westgate||1884-1901||A hamlet located nine miles east of Junction City, seven miles from Fort Riley, the nearest railroad station, and ten miles southwest of Manhattan, in Riley County. Its population in 1910 was 20.|
|Weston||1874-1904||A hamlet located 15 miles southeast of Junction City and seven miles northwest of Alta Vista, in Wabaunsee County, the nearest railroad station,|
|Wreford||1882-1918||A hamlet in Lyon Township it was on the Missouri, Kansas & Texas Railroad, five miles south of Junction City. In 1910, it had general stores, a post office, and a population of 73.|
Blackmar, Frank W.; Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Vol I; Standard Publishing Company, Chicago, IL 1912.
Cutler, William G; History of Kansas; A. T. Andreas, Chicago, IL, 1883.
Geary County History
Geary County Historical Society
Kansas Post Office History