Everyplace in Kansas – T

 

A  B  C  D  E  F  G   I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X Y  Z

T

Place Name County Place Type Founded More Information
Table Rock Pawnee  Lost Town
Tabor Clay  Lost Town
Tacoah Greenwood  Lost Town Incorporated 1857.
Tally Springs, Claymore Montgomery  Lost Town
Talmage Republic  Lost Town Discontinued 1882.
Talmage Woodson  Name Change Now Vernon.
Tarrome, Taurome Riley Lost Town Formerly Juniata.
Tarry Saline Lost Town
Tate Linn Lost Town Voting place 1858.
Tatonka Ellsworth Lost Town 1876-1885
Taylor Nemaha Lost Town 1885-1890
Tehama Cherokee Lost Town 1873-1901 It was located five miles southeast of Columbus and not far from Quaker.
Ten Mile Cloud Lost Town
Ten Mile Miami Name Change Now Hillsdale.
Terra Cotta .Ellsworth Lost Town 1878-1913 Located about six miles southwest of Brookville, this town was located on the Kansas Pacific Railroad. There is nothing left today.
Terrapin Kingman Lost Town
Teterville Greenwood Lost Town 1927-1962 An oil town located approximately 11 miles east of Cassoday. No buildings remain of this former community.
Thomas Barton Lost Town 1880-1882
Thomas Ellsworth Lost Town 1887-1890
Thomas County Thomas Current County NA Created from unorganized area in 1873. Colby is the county seat.
Thomasville Cowley Lost Town
Thompson Smith Lost Town
Thompson’s Ferry Doniphan Lost Place NA Operated 1852-70 on the Missouri River at Elwood. Henry Thompson, proprietor.
Thompson-Hameys Ferry Doniphan Lost Place NA Established in 1846 on the Missouri River near Corning, Missouri. It is though it was near Iowa Point.
Thompsonville Jefferson Lost Town 1878-1901 Thompsonville was a hamlet located on the Delaware River in Kentucky Township.
Thrall Greenwood Lost Town 1885-1905
1926-1962
An inland hamlet located about 20 miles north of Eureka.
Tiago Republic Lost Town
Tiblow Wyandotte Name Change Now Bonner Springs.
Tilden Grant Lost Town 1887-1890 The post office moved from Surprise. Name change to Appomattox.
Tilden Osborne Name Change Now Bloomington.
Timber City Pottawatomie Lost Town
Timber Creek Riley Name Change Now Bala.
Timber Hill Labette Lost Town
Time Crawford Lost Town 1875-1878 The post office moved to McCune.
Tioga Neosho Name Change Now Chanute.
Tippinville Jackson  Lost Town Moved to Denison
Tipton Montgomery  Lost Town
Tiptonville Jackson  Lost Town
Tisdale Cowley  Lost Town Established in 1871; named for Henry Tisdale of Lawrence. The present Tisdale is some two miles from the old town site.
Titus/Fort Titus Douglas  Lost Place None Near Lecompton; voting precinct 1854 and 1855. A replica fort has been established in Lecompton.
Todd Atchison Lost Town 1897-1900
Tokeska Douglas Lost Town None
Toley’s Ferry Wyandotte Lost Place NA Established in about 1845 on the Kansas River, Charles Toley, proprietor.
Tolle Butler Lost Town Vacated 1901.
Tonovay Greenwood Lost Town 1886-1912 A hamlet located on the Missouri Pacific Railroad in Bachelor Township, eight miles east of Eureka.
Tonsa Wilson Lost Town
Tontzville or Toutsville Miami Lost Town
Topsy Lincoln Lost Town
Torry Saline Lost Town
Toulon Ellis Lost Town 1889-1891
1898-1901
A small village located on the Union Pacific Railroad, five miles east and one mile south of Hays. It was first settled In 1876 by people from Pennsylvania.
Touzlin Meade Lost Town
Tower Springs Lincoln Lost Town
Townsdin’s Point Cloud Lost Town
Trading Post Linn Lost Town Established 1834. See Blooming Grove.
Trail Lyon Lost Town 1882-1887 Located one mile north and three miles west of Allen.
Trasey Republic Lost Town Discontinued 1882.
Treece Cherokee Lost Town 1917-2009 As of May 2012, the city was abandoned, and most buildings and other facilities were demolished due to pervasive problems with lead pollution resulting from past mining.
Trego Center Trego Lost Town 1891-1893 German community.
Trego County Trego Current County Created from unorganized area in 1867. WaKeeney is the county seat.
Trego Station/Park’s Fort Trego  Lost Place It was established to protect railroad workers from Indian attacks and to serve as a pumping station.
Trego Tank Trego  Lost Place The Union Pacific Railroad came through Trego County in 1867 and as they were steam engines they had to have water for the boilers, so tank stations were set up along the way. Trego Tank was one of those pumping stations.
Tregola Trego  Lost Town 1891-1893 The primary occupants were soldiers who found safety from the Indians in the all-rock buildings.
Tremble Toll Road Marshall Post Place Established about 1850-60 on the Black Vermillion River at the crossing of the Oregon & California Trail. Louis Tremble, propietor. Located in Bigelow Township. Also known as Black Vermillion Crossing.
Trenton Labette Lost Town
Trenton Miami Name Change Now Mound Creek.
Trenton Saline Lost Town Vacated 1905.
Triumph Greenwood Lost Town 1878
Trivoli Ellsworth Lost Town 1875-1896
1903-1909
The post office moved from Delila in 1875. This country hamlet was located 15 miles southeast of Ellsworth and after its post office closed, received mail from Kanopolis.
Troy Anderson Lost Town Townsite located 1857, near Garnett.
Truesdell Phillips Lost Town
Truman Montgomery Lost Town
Tucket Norton Lost Town
Tuell Wichita Lost Town Vacated 1889.
Turck Cherokee Lost Town 1889-1891 Turck was located three miles south of Scammon on the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad.
Turkey Creek Bourbon Lost Town 1856
Turkey Creek Mcpherson Lost Town Station on the Santa Fe Trail.
Turkville Ellis Lost Town 1875-1918 Settled by a colony from Tennessee in 1876, who founded the first Baptist church in Ellis County. It was located in the northeast corner of Ellis County on the Saline River.
Turners Jefferson Lost Town 1872-1873
Twelve Mile Smith Lost Town
Twin Creek Republic Lost Town
Twin Falls Greenwood Lost Town 1870-1899 The post office moved to Kaiser.
Twin Mound Douglas Lost Town 1858-1903 The old townsite comprises just a few farms, an old one-room schoolhouse, and a cemetery.
Twin Mounds Wilson Name Change Now Fredonia.
Twin Springs Linn Lost Town 1857-1876 Twin Springs, was located northern part of Linn County, near the Miami County line.
T-Wrench Cheyenne Lost Town
Tyler Place Douglas Lost Town Vacated 1895.
Tyler’s Brown Lost Town John S. Tyler, postmaster 1864-78. Tyler was a member of the Albany Colony from New York in 1857.
Tyler’s Crossing Brown Lost Place Crossing of Grasshopper (Cedar) Creek, two miles southwest of Fairview.  Probably Gilliam Company campsite May 25. 1844.
Tyler’s Nemaha Lost Town 1864-?? Established in about 1860.
Tyner Ellis Lost Town 1880-1881

A  B  C  D  E  F  G   I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X Y  Z