Everyplace in Kansas – K

Kickapoo Memorial Cemetery in Leavenworth County, Kansas.

Kickapoo Memorial Cemetery in Leavenworth County, Kansas.

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z

K

Place Name County Place Type Post Office Dates More Information
Kackley Republic Named for Joe Kackley, townsite owner.
Kaiser Greenwood Lost Town 1889-1900 The post office moved from Twin Falls.
Kalamazoo Decatur Lost Town
Kalamazoo Sedgwick Lost Town 1883-1887 The post office moved to Anness.
Kalida, Kalaida Woodson Lost Town An old settlement originally located just east of Yates Center, Kansas. It had an early school in this area. Absorbed by Yates Center.
Kalida, Clifton Wilson Lost Town
Kalloch Montgomery Lost Town Vacated in 1901.
Kalvesta Finney -1998 The post office closed on October 3, 1998.
Kanawha, Kannaka Douglas Lost Town
Kanopolis Ellsworth Current Town
Kanorado Sherman Current Town
Kansapolis Shawnee Lost Town A little east of Indianola.
Kansas Center Rice Lost Town Incorporated by A. Beach and others in 1858. Near Golden City.
Kansas City Anderson Lost Town See Iantha.
Kansas City Wyandotte Current City County Seat. On the Kansas Pacific Railroad, 1863.
Kansas Falls Geary Lost Town Incorporated 1858.
Kantanyan Marshall Lost Town None It was probably located where California Trail left Marshall county.
Kaw Agency Jefferson Lost Town North of Lake View.
Kaw City Jefferson Lost Town 1858-1866 Kaw City was founded in the spring of 1857.
Kaw Valley Wyandotte Lost Town 1875-1878 Nine miles south of Wyandotte (Kansas City.)
Kearny County Kearny Current County NA Formed from Finney and Hamilton Counties in 1887. Lakin is the county seat.
Kebar Graham Lost Town
Kechi Sedgwick Current Town
Kedron Osage Lost Town 1871-1881
Keefer Decatur Lost Town
Kee-i-tone or Kleitone Labette Lost Town Indian name. It later became Little Town. Now part of Oswego.
Keelville Cherokee Lost Town 1868-1905 Located in the southwestern corner of the county, 13 miles from Columbus and six miles from Faulkner. In 1910, it had a population of about 45.
Keene Wabaunsee Lost Town
Keever Ellsworth Lost Town 1876-1881
Kegerville Douglas Lost Town
Keighley Butler Lost Town 1880-1943 On the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad, in Glencoe Township, it was 16 miles southeast of Eldorado. In 1910, it had a money order post office, some local trade, and a population of 75.
Keimfield Rush Lost Town 1878-1887 The post office moved to McCracken.
Kelley’s Ferry Doniphan Lost Place Established in the 1850s on the Missouri River at the northwest corner of Burr Oak Township.
Kellogg Cowley Lost Town Vacated 1895.
Kelly Nemaha Extinct Town 1888-1988 Kelly got its start when the Kansas City, Wichita, and Northwestern Railway was built through the area. A beautiful church and several homes still stand.
Kelly’s Station Leavenworth Name Change 1866-1867 The post office moved from Little Stranger. Kelly’s Station–Leavenworth; Located in Stranger Township. Pemfield, postmaster. Name change to Fairmount.
Kelso  Morris Lost Town 1881-1942 Located on the Neosho River, it was a station on the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad. Named for David Kelso, the lawyer for the Missouri Pacific Railroad. Tailroad station was named Downing.
Kelso Norton Lost Town
Kelso, Kelso City Rawlins Lost Town Deserted 1879.
Kenamo Shawnee Lost Town None It was founded and laid out by Joseph Allen in 1856.
Kenbro Greenwood Lost Town 1925-1949
Kendall Hamilton
Kenilworth Geary Lost Town On the east bank of the Republican River, 15 miles above its mouth. Probably a name proposed for the town of Milford.
Kenilworth Stafford Lost Town
Kennebec Atchison Lost Town
Kennebec Russell Lost Town 1874-1891
Kennedy Dickinson Lost Town 1892-1899
Kennekuk Atchison Lost Town 1857-1900 Kennekuk was one of the first places in the county where whites located permanently when a Methodist Episcopal Church Mission was established in 1833 among the Kickapoo tribe. A stage stop was established in 1858.
Kenneth/Mastin/Newington Johnson Lost Town 1890-1943 Named for local landowner. Today, Kenneth is part of Overland Park.
Kenneth Rooks Lost Town
Kenneth Sheridan Lost Town 1877 Located in 1877; abandoned 1886; vacated 1901. Original name for Hoxie
Kensington Smith Current Town
Kent Geary Lost Town
Kent Reno Lost Town 1882-1901
1902-1904
A station on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad seven miles east of Hutchinson.
Kenton Geary Lost Town Near the mouth of the Humboldt Creek.
Kenton Greenwood Lost Town 1872-1879 The post office moved to Verdigris Falls.
Keokuk Linn Lost Town
Kepferle Cheyenne Lost Town 1880-1883
Kepple Wichita Lost Town
Key Cloud Lost Town
Key West/Queen City Coffey Lost Town 1871-1885 The name changed from Queen City to Key West on December 20, 1877.
Keystone Dickinson Lost Town
Keysville/Ben Wade Pawnee Lost Town 1877-1893 The name changed to Ben Wade in 1881. In 1893, the post office moved to Rozel.
Kickapoo/Kickapoo City Leavenworth Lost Town 1855-1920 Settled in 1854 as a rival to Leavenworth by citizens of Weston, Missouri. In June 1854, the town had 1,500 people, many of whom worked as civilian laborers at Fort Leavenworth. One of the oldest towns in the county, it was first called Kickapoo City.
Kickapoo Mission Atchison Lost Town
Kildare Phillips Lost Town
Kilmer Shawnee  Lost Town 1886-1900
Kimball Atchison Name Change Name changed to Larkin.
Kimball, Dalton Neosho Name changed from Dalton to Kimball in honor of C.H. Kimball, president of the town’s first railroad. It was on the Missouri Pacific Railroad and Union Pacific Railroad.
Kimeo Washington
Kincaid Anderson Current Town Located in southeastern Anderson County, it was named for Robert Kincaid, a promoter of the St. Louis & and Emporia Railroad.
King City McPherson Lost Town P.O. in 1872.
Kingman Kingman Current Town County seat. Founded in 1872
Kingman County Kingman Current County NA Formed from Harper and Reno Counties in 1872. Kingman is the county seat.
Kingsdown Ford Ghost Town 1887-1998 On the Chicago and Rock Island Railroad, 1887. Today it a small unincorporated semi-ghost town in southeast Ford County.
Kingston Labette Lost Town
Kingsville Shawnee Lost Town 1873-1914 Located on the Ninnescah River and Kansas Pacific Railroad, it was a country office located in Silver Lake Township, nine miles northwest of Topeka.
Kinney’s Station Osage Lost Town Near Ridgeway.
Kinsley Edwards Current Town Located southwest of Great Bend on the Santa Fe Trail. Founded by a group from Massachusetts in 1873. On the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, 1872.
Kiowa Barber Current Town
Kiowa County Kiowa Current County NA Formed from Comanche and Edwards Counties in 1886. Greensburg is the county seat.
Kipp Lost Town 1890-1957
Kirkfield Edwards Lost Town
Kirkwood Crawford Lost Town NA A coal mining camp.
Kirwin Phillips Current Town
Kismet Seward Current Town 1888-1890
1908-Present
On the Chicago and Rock Island Railroad, 1887.
Kitley Sumner Lost Town 1877-1881 It was eight miles east and one mile south of South Haven at 170th St South and Woodlawn Road.
Kling Barber Lost Town 1908-1920 It was on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad 25 miles west of Medicine Lodge.
Knauston Finney Lost Town Vacated 1893.
Knight Russell Lost Town 1884-1888
Knipeville Butler Lost Town 1917 The post office was only open for about five months. The post office order of change was rescinded.
Kniveton Cherokee Lost Town 1895-1902 Located on the Kansas City Southern Railroad 15 miles northeast of Columbus.
Knowles Washington Lost Town The name changed to Haddam, in 1885.
Knox Sumner Lost Town 1885-1895
Koke Butler Lost Town 1896 The post office was open for less than a month. The post office order of change was rescinded.
Kong Coffey Lost Town 1890-1901
Kosciusko Riley Lost Town Projected town six miles east of Manhattan.
Kossuth Butler Paper Town Chartered 1858. Probably a paper town.
Kossuth Linn Lost Town 1893-1905
Kossuth Pottawatomie Lost Town
Kristof Trego Name Change 1904 The post office moved, and the name changed to Voda.
Kruger Russell Lost Town 1900-1901
Kuhnbrook Marion Lost Town 1887-1898
Kunkel’s Ferry Douglas Lost Place Established in 1857 on the Kansas River between Lecompton and Rising Sun. Jerome Kunkel, proprietor.
Kuykendall’s Ferry Jackson Lost Place  On the Kansas River at Calhoun. James Kuykendall, Proprietor. Calhoun was the first county seat of Jackson County.
Kuykendall’s Ferry Wyandotte Lost Place Established in 1853 on the Missouri River at Parkville, Missouri. James Kuykendall, proprietor.

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z