Every Place Kansas – F

Fall River State Park, Kansas.

Fall River State Park, Kansas.

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X Y  Z

F

Place Name County Place Type Post Office Dates More Information
Fagan Graham Lost Town Vacated 1895
Fair Play Marion Lost Town 1877-1878 It was located five miles south of Peabody.
Fairdale/Summundowot Wyandotte Lost Town 1887-1902 The name changed from Summundowot to Fairdale in 1891.
Fairfax/Lindale Osage Lost Town 1869-1883 The name changed from Lindale to Fairfax on March 6, 1871.
Fairfield Russell Lost Town
Fairfield Wabaunsee Lost Town 1880-1889
Fairhaven Norton Lost Town
Fairland Marshall Lost Town 1863-1869
Fair Lawn Allen Lost Town 1879-1881
Fairmount Leavenworth Lost Town 1864-1866 Located a few miles southwest of Leavenworth, on the Lawrence branch of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Fairpoint Rice Lost Town
Fairport/Clarkson Russell Lost Town 1878-1959 The town name changed from Clarkson to Fairfield on June 15, 1881. In 1910, it had a population of 75. It was located about 12 miles north of Gorham.
Fairview Anderson Lost Town 1857
Fairview Borwn Current Town
Fairview Doniphan Lost Town A townsite was filed June 6, 1857. It was a ferry landing.
Fairway Johnson Current Town
Farisville Ellsworth Lost Town 1875-1911
Fall/Fall Leaf Leavenworth Lost Town 1868
1874-1894
1895-1927
Fall Leaf was a station in the southern part of Reno Township on the main line of the Kansas Pacific Railroad and on the Chicago and Rock Island Railroad.
Fall Leaf Anderson
Fall River Greenwood Current Town On the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad.
Fame Greenwood Lost Town 1868
1870-1920
A country post office located ten miles east of Eureka and five miles from Neal.
Fannie Cloud Lost Town A rural post office located on the Smoky Hill River in Empire Township, about 12 miles southeast of Ellsworth.
Fanning Doniphan Lost Town 1870-1933 The community started in 1870 as a station on the Atchison & Nebraska Railway.
Far West Morris Lost Town 1864-1869
1872-1887
Far West was a crossing on Clark’s Creek in Clark’s Creek Township in western Morris County. William Marion Walter was the first postmaster. The post office moved to Aroma in 1869. It reopened in 1872 and moved in 1887 to Latimer.
Fargo Graham Lost Town
Fargo, Fargo Springs Seward Lost Town
Farisville Ellsworth Lost Town 1875-1911 A rural post office located on the Smoky Hill River in Empire Township, about 12 miles southeast of Ellsworth.
Farland McPherson Lost Town
Farlington Crawford Extinct Town 1870-2018 Eugene D. Farley was the first postmaster. The post office closed on February 1, 2018.
Farlinville Linn Lost Town Named for Alonzo Farlin, pioneer
Farmdale Lost Town Located on the Benedict Branch of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad.
Farmer Rice Lost Town
Farmer Wyandotte Lost Town
Farmer City Wichita Lost Town
Farmersburg Chautauqua Lost Town
Farmersville Osage Lost Town 1873-1879
Farmington Atchison Lost Town 1868-1940 Located on the Central Branch of the Missouri Pacific Railroad in Atchison CountyKansas, Farmington got its start as a station on the railroad.
Farmington Dickinson Lost Town 1861-1863
Farmington Nemaha Lost Town None Farmington was established in about 1856 about one mile southwest of Baker’s Ford on the St. Joseph and California Road.
Farmridge Montgomery Lost Town
Farms Harvey Lost Town
Farnsworth Lane Lost Town
Faulkner Cherokee Extinct Town 1886-1944 Faulkner was a shipping point on the Missouri Pacific Railroad.
Favor Cherokee Lost Town 1874-1876
Fawn Creek, Fawn Valley Montgomery Lost Town
Fay Russell Lost Town 1883-1908 A small settlement of Paradise Township, it was located in the Solomon Valley, about ten miles northwest of Russell.
Fayette Sedgwick Lost Town 1875-1884
Fayetteville Clay Lost Town
Felix Gray Lost Town
Fellsburg Edwards Lost Town Named for the Fells family, pioneers.
Fenton Rush Lost Town 1882-1898
Fenwick Republic Lost Town
Ferguson Franklin Lost Town
Ferguson Sedgwick Named for a pioneer
Fernandino Harvey Lost Town At the junction of Little Arkansas River and Sand Creek.
Ferris Sedgwick Lost Town 1877-1882
Fiat Elk Lost Town 1882-1898
Fidelity Nemaha Lost Town 1890-1902
Field Morris Lost Town 1880-1895
Fillmore Lane Lost Town Vacated 1903.
Findlay Linn Lost Town 1891-1906 On the Missouri, Kansas & Texas Railway, it was about 15 miles northwest of Mound City.
Findlay City Crawford Lost Town
Fingal Rush Lost Town 1887-1910 In Pleasant Dale Township near the northeast corner of the county, about 20 miles from La Crosse.
Finlay, Finley Sedgwick Lost Town
Finney Garden City Current County NA Formed from Arapahoe, Grant, Kearny, and Sequoyah Counties in 1883.
First Sight
Fish’s Ferry Douglas Lost Place NA Established in 1845 on the Kansas River at present Eudora. Pascal Fish, Proprietor. Units of Colonel Stephen W. Kearny’s Army of the West crossed here in 1846.
Fishkill Labette Lost Town
Flag Spring Osage Lost Place NA Campsite on Santa Fe Trail.  Located on Camp Creek, about 1.5 miles northwest of Overbrook.
Flat Howard Branch of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad.
Flat Ridge Greenwood Lost Town
Flat Rock Neosho Lost Town
Flavius Rush Lost Town 1880-1908 In Belle Prairie Township about 14 miles southwest of La Crosse and seven miles from Nekoma.
Fleming Crawford Lost Town 1892-1908 Fleming was a coal mining town, located about six miles southwest of Pittsburg. The Fleming School (dist. 119) was located near Weir, Kansas.
Fleming & Howard’s Steam Ferry Doniphan Lost Place NA Located on the Missouri River in the vicinity of Elwood. Operational in the 1860s, L.V. Fleming & Mr.  Howard, proprietors.
Fleta Morris Lost Town 1883-1887
Flint Ridge Greenwood Lost Town 1874-1921 Also spelled Flintridge, it was a country post office located in Salem Township 20 miles northwest of Eureka.
Float Pottawatomie Lost Town 1874-1876
Florence Allen Lost Town 1858-1859 The post office was only open for about three months. The post office moved to Carlyle.
Florence Marion Current Town Established at the junction of the Cottonwood River and Doyle Creek in 1870. It was named for Mrs. Florence Crawford Capper, daughter of Governor S. J. Crawford. It was located on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad.
Floreyville Rooks Lost Town
Flush Pottawatomie Lost Town 1899-1927 Located in Pottawatomie Township, nine miles southwest of Westmoreland. In 1910, it had a local telephone exchange, a money order post office with one rural route, and a population of 23.
Fly Creek Cherokee Lost Town 1868-1870
Fonda Ford Lost Town 1885-1890 Fonda, located just north of Corbitt, was a proposed station on the Wichita and Dodge City Railroad. Vacated 1895.
Fontana Miami Current Town Located south of Paola.
Fontanelle Butler Lost Town
Fontzville – See Tontzville. Miami Lost Town
Ford Ford Ghost Town On the lower Crossing of Santa Fe Trail at the junction of the Arkansas River and Mulberry Creek.
Ford County Ford Current County NA Created from unorganized area in 1867. Dodge City is the county seat.
Fordham Hodgeman Lost Town
Forest Barber Lost Town 1908-1919
Forest Russell Lost Town 1904-1906
Forest Grove Montgomery Lost Town 1875-1881
Forest Hill Lyon Lost Town 1858-1871 Forest Hill was established in 1858 on a hill that was not forested.
Forest Hill Morris Lost Town
Forest Hill Russell Lost Town 1878-1895
Forest Hill Wallace Lost Town
Forest Home Franklin Lost Town 1867-1877 The post office moved to Homewood.
Forest Lake Wyandotte Lost Town Located on the Chicago and Rock Island Railroad and the Missouri Pacific Railroad.
Forest Mills – See Blooming Grove. Linn Lost Town
Forman’s Ferry Doniphan Lost Place Established in 1855 on the Missouri River at Iowa Point, John S. Pemberton & Harvey Forman, proprietors.
Formoso/Omio Jewell Current Town The name changed from Omio to Formoso when the railway came to Omio in 1885. There was once a small coal mine in Jewell County located about three miles south of Formoso just west of the former town of Omio.
Forrester Ness Lost Town Established 1879.
Forsha Reno Lost Town 1896-1907 Located 11 miles south of Hutchinson, it was on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad. In 1910, it had a flour mill and was a trading center for the neighborhood.
Forsyth’s Cree Russell Lost Place Overland station, near Ellis County line.
Fort Arkansas Ford Lost Place
Fort Atkinson  Ford Lost Place 1851-1853 It was established in 1850 and abandoned in 1854. It was six miles west of Dodge City on the Santa Fe Trail.
Fort Aubrey Hamilton Lost Place 1864 Established 1864, abandoned 1866; four miles east of Syracuse.
Fort Belmont Woodson Lost Place Trading post in 1856; P. O. 1859.
Fort Blair Bourbon Lost Place
Fort Blair  Cherokee Lost Place
Fort Brooks Cloud Lost Place
Fort Dodge Ford Historic Site 1876-1882
1893-1996
Two miles east of Dodge City. The fort was established in 1864 and abandoned in 1882.
Fort Downer, Downer’s Station Trego Lost Place 1857 Post established in 1857, abandoned in 1868.
Fort Ellsworth Ellsworth Name Change 1864 1864. Changed to Fort Harker 1866.
Fort Fletcher/Fort Hays Ellis Historic Stie 1866-1867 Post office at Fort Fletcher. The post office moved to Big Creek Station in 1867.
Fort Hamilton Linn Lost Place NA Fort Hamilton was not an official military fort. In 1858, it was a stronghold of Charles A. Hamilton, a pro-slavery advocate living in Missouri.
Fort Harker Ellsworth Deactivated, Historic Site 1864 Four miles east of Ellsworth; established as Fort Ellsworth 1864. Changed to Fort Harker 1866; site changed 1867; abandoned 1873.
Fort Hays/Fort Fletcher Ellis Historic Site 1866-1867 Post office at Fort Fletcher. The post office moved to Big Creek Station in 1867.
Fort Hays/Fort Fletcher Ellis Deactivated, Historic Site 1865 Established as Fort Fletcher in 1865, the name changed to Fort Haysin  1866; location changedin 1867; abandoned in  1869.
Fort Henning Bourbon Lost Place None One of three blockhouses erected near Fort Scott during the Civil War.
Fort Insley Bourbon Lost Place None One of three blockhouses erected near Fort Scott during the Civil War.
Fort Jewell, Camp Jewell Jewell Lost Place None Now Jewell City.
Fort Kanses Atchison Lost Place None A French trading post constructed at a Kanza Indian village.
Fort Kirwin Phillips Lost Place Now Kirwin.
Fort Larned/Pawnee Fork Pawnee Historic Site 1859-1881 The name changed from Pawnee Fork in 1866. The post office moved to Booth in 1881.
Fort Leavenworth Ferry Leavenworth Lost Place NA  Established in 1828 on the  Missouri River. Robert Cain, proprietor in 1836
Fort Lincoln Bourbon Lost Place 1861-1879 Twelve miles north of Fort Scott, on the Osage River, near Fulton; established 1861, abandoned 1864.
Fort Larned/Pawnee Fork Pawnee Deactivated, Historic Site 1859-1881 The name changed from Pawnee Fork in 1866. The post office moved to Booth in 1881.
Fort Leavenworth Leavenworth Active Fort
Fort Macky Ford Lost Place Near the site of Fort Mann, a little west of Fort Atkinson; abandoned 1850.
Fort Mann Ford Lost Place 1845 Fort Mann was located on the Santa Fe Trail just a few miles west of present-day Dodge CityKansas.
Fort Montgomery Greenwood Lost Place On the site of Eureka.
Fort Montgomery Linn Lost Place Fort has been rebuilt in Mound City.
Fort Monument Logan Lost Place This was originally a Butterfield stage station along the Smoky Hill TrailTroops were sent to protect the station and travelers from Indian attacks.
Fort Parks – See Parks Fort Trego Lost Place Near WaKeeney.
Fort Riley Riley Active Fort
Fort Riley Ferry Riley Lost Place The Fort Riley Ferry was established in 1856 on the Kansas River. L. B. Perry, proprietor.
Fort Roach Neosho Lost Place Now Ladore.
Fort Row Wilson Lost Place 1861 Near Coyville. Established 1861 by Captain J.R. Row.
Fort Saunders Douglas Lost Place Twelve miles southwest of Lawrence.
Fort Scott Bourbon Current Town County seat.
Fort Scott Bourbon Historic Site Fort established 1842, abandoned 1865.
Fort Silbey, Lake Sibley Cloud Lost Place 1867 A militia station 1867.
Fort Sumner Ford Name Change. Early name of Fort Atkinson.
Fort Titus/Tituss Douglas Historic Site None A Confederate stronghold. Near Lecompton; voting precinct 1854 and 1855. A replica fort has been established in Lecompton.
Fort Wakarusa Douglas Lost Place A fortification during the days of Bleeding Kansas.
Fort Wallace, Camp Pond Creek. Wallace Historic Site Two miles south of Wallace.
Fort Zarah Barton Lost Place 1864 Established in 1864, abandoned in 1869. Five miles east of Great Bend.
Fossil Creek, Fossil Station Russell Name Change Now Russell.
Foster Butler Lost Place 1899-1905 Was about five miles northeast of Eldorado.
Foster Springs Lyon Lost Town 1878-1879 Foster Springs was southeast of Bushong.
Fostoria Pottawatomie Current Town Named for Charles W. Foster, pioneer.
Fountain Anderson Lost Town
Fountain Osage Lost Town 1884-1900
Four Houses Wyandotte Lost Place The earliest trading post of record on the Kansas River and the first 19th-century fur depot in Kansas. It was built by Sara and Francis Chouteau.
Four Mile Butler Lost Town 1870-1872 The post office moved to Lorena.
Four Mile Rice Lost Town
Fourmile Lyon Lost Town 1900-1901
Fourmile Morris Lost Town 1879-1880 On the county border with Lyon County, the post office moved to Field in 1880.
Fourmile Nemaha Lost Town None Located near the present site of Bern.
Fouse Lyon Lost Town 1890-1895
Fourth Creek Mitchell Lost Town
Fowler Meade Current Town It was on the Chicago and Rock Island Railroad in 1887. Named for George Fowler, town promoter.
Fox Lost Town 1886-1903
Fox Creek Chase Lost Town 1871-1873
1879-1883
A farm post office with Murray Tuttle as postmaster. It was about eight miles north of Strong City.
Foxtown Crawford Lost Town NA Foxtown was a mining camp located two miles east of Franklin. At one time, it had a school, a church, and several business buildings.
Francella Sheridan Lost Town
Frankfort Marshall Current Town On the Oregon Trail. The Black Vermillion River Crossing was to the southwest. Later it was on the Missouri Pacific Railroad.
Franklin Crawford Extinct Town 1908-2009 The post office closed on May 16, 2009.
Franklin Douglas Lost Town 1855-1867 Founded in October 1853, it was a pro-slavery stronghold during the days of Territorial Kansas.
Franklin County Franklin Current County NA One of the original 36 counties, it was created in 1855. Ottawa is the county seat.
Franks Ford Marshall Name Change Now Frankfort.
Frankton Rooks Lost Town
Fred Marion Lost Town 1883-1901 Fred was between Peabody and Hillsboro.
Frederick Rice Current Town
Fredericksburg Phillips Lost Town
Fredericktown Coffey Lost Town 1866-1871 The post office moved to Bangor.
Fredonia Wilson Current Town County seat. Founded in 1868. It was on the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad in 1879.
Free Mount McPherson Lost Town Vacated 1895.
Free Point Cherokee Lost Town Incorporated 1860.
Free Will Osborne Lost Town 1873 Established 1873.
Freedom Butler Lost Town 1874-1900
Freeman Pratt Lost Town
Fremont Linn Lost Town
Fremont Lyon Lost Town 1860-1867
1870-1873
1876-1878
Fremont was laid out in April 1858.
Fremont Osage Lost Town Two miles south of Burlingame.
Fremont Shawnee Lost Town Site located 1855, on Kansas River, west of and adjoining Topeka.
Freeport Harper Current Town
French Valley Wabaunsee Lost Town Seven miles south of Eskridge.
Friend Finney Lost Town -1992 On the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad. The post office closed on April 11, 1992.
Friendlay Montgomery Lost Town 1878-1879
Friendship Cherokee Lost Town 1889-1901 Located on Lightning Creek, 12 miles northwest of Columbus and three miles from Sherman.
Fringer Meade Lost Town
Frinkville Brown Lost Town 1878-1883
Frisbie Johnson Lost Town
Frisco Morton Lost Town Vacated 1895.
Fritchey City Osborne Lost Town Near the mouth of Twin Creek.
Frizell Pawnee Lost Town 1904-1933 A money order post-village and station on the Larned & Jetmore division of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad. Located seven miles west of Larned, it had a general store in 1910.
Frog Town, Laramie Creek Nemaha Lost Town Overland station, 12 miles west of Seneca.
Front Allen Lost Town 1886-1887 The post office moved to Bayard.
Frontenac Crawford Current Town Located north of Pittsburg; it began as a mining camp. It was platted in 1887 when it was given the name of a famous French general.
Fruit Land Cherokee Lost Town 1874-1876
Fruitland Chase Lost Town 1879-1880 The post office was open for less than a year. It was ten miles northeast of Cottonwood Falls.
Fulda Chautauqua Lost Town
Fulda Elk Lost Town
Fulda Lincoln Lost Town
Fuller Crawford Lost Town 1894-1914 Fuller was a coal-mining town with a station on the Kansas City Southern Railroad.
Fuller’s Crossing Jackson Lost Place Crossing of Straight Creek in 1856 on Lane’s Trail 3.5 miles south of present Netawaka, Dr.Fuller, proprietor. This was a  station on the Underground Railroad in 1857 and the site of Battle of the Spurs in January 1859 between John Brown and pro-slavery forces. Brown was escorting approximately 40 slaves to freedom.
Fuller’s Ranch,  Big Turkey Ranch McPherson Lost Town On the Santa Fe Trail, Fuller’s Ranch was established in 1855 at Running Turkey Creek crossing.
Fullerton Greenwood Lost Town
Fulton Bourbon Current Town Fulton, Kansas, a tiny town in northeast Bourbon County, was established in 1869. It is a semi-ghost town today.
Funston Allen Lost Town 1892-1901
Fuqua’s Allen Lost Town In Geneva Township. Voting precinct, 1855, south of Leroy.
Furley Sedgwick Lost Town 1887-1953 A station on the Chicago and Rock Island Railroad 15 miles northeast of Wichita.

Next

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X Y  Z